Stay warm and cosy this winter – visit Whitby Library
Monday 7th November
We all know that the energy crisis will hit some people harder than others, but here at Whitby Library you will always have a warm welcome and can enjoy a comfy, safe environment at the heart of our community, right in the town centre.
You might not have been to a library for a long time, and maybe you don’t know what we have to offer. Well, let me tell you – things have changed a bit over the years.
Yes, we still have thousands of books, plus large print and audio books, teen fiction, as well as a fabulous junior library section so you can make your choices, and borrow for FREE then return or renew within 3 weeks, but did you know we also offer the following?
• Full electronic library catalogue so you can download and read books, magazines and newspapers online for FREE if you are library member
• Library App and Borrowbox App so you can manage your account online or from a smart device FREE
• Home Library delivery service for housebound users, bringing you a smile and a book, delivered direct to your door FREE
• Toddlers story times on a Monday morning through term time, and weekly Lego club FREE
• Year round fun/informative events calendar for all ages including music, making a noise, workshops, coming together to meet people and make friends
• Adult Learning Services delivering face to face learning on Wednesdays – there is currently an ESOL course for Ukraine/English Language students, and coming very soon – maths and English courses.
• Media and IT subscriptions available if you need to use our IT suite, but free to library members for 1 hour each day
• IT Buddy help, by appointment, to assist with Blue Badge and Buss Pass applications, or other IT issues FREE
• We have small or larger meeting rooms for hire
• Lots of local history books, reference books, maps, and newspaper archives FREE
• Reading Well Books, Mood Boosting bags to borrow FREE
• Volunteering opportunities if you’d like to help us in the library – great for improving your CV and employment chances, or giving time back if you’re newly retired.
• We are autism friendly, dementia friendly and we’re fully accessible for wheelchair users
All Enquiries and full details to book your place at any of the events at Whitby Library can be made at by calling in to see us (between the bus and train stations on Windsor Terrace), or by calling 01609 534350.